Why the switch from Kharma/Tenor to DarTZeel/VSA

Perhaps, its like that old joke that Woody talks about in the beginning of Annie Hall:

"And it goes like this-I'm paraphrasing: Uh ...
"I would never wanna belong to any club
that would have someone like me for a
member." "

But, why does it seem that some of the original Kharma/Tenor/emm labs club members are switching over to DarTZeel amps and Von Schweikert speakers. On the other hand, it doesn't seem like there are many Tenor hybrids or Kharma speakers going up for sale ... yet
thom_y
Yes, I suppose you're right there, too, Frank, I wasn't thinking about it that closely. I should add that the Dynavector remains everything you said it was.
But I do hope you get a chance to hear the vr's. While the jrs, as I indicated, lacked the refinement of the Kharmas at the NY show, I did think they were more satisfying in almost every other way--and the Kharmas, of course, are much more expensive.
Now, if you'd only see the light, and get a pair of Magnepans...!
BEWARE of VSA show demonstrations.At the 97/98 CES,VSA furnished "us" with a pair of VR-6s.Everyone who heard them was in love with them {me too}.Several went out and bought them {me too}.Everyone we know who bought a set was disappointed and sold theirs {me too}.We found out that VSA had a "special" speaker built for the show {IE:different crossover parts,wire,cabinets and damping material}.Albert had offered to build this speaker for another manufacturer,but said it would cost $24,000.00 to reproduce.The original VR-6s listed at $12,500 with dealer cost of $6,250.No wonder we all got snoockered.Very untrustworthy,just a word to the wise.
Frank, I see your point about comparing a speaker by the same company. So, yes, it is unfair to make any comparison to a speaker that has not been built yet.

I never listed my Kharma's for sale. They sold without listing like they did with you and the new owner is lusting over them like the both of us did. Mark has sold his without listing too. I can tell you they are reselling for a lot less than they did before and I had mine less than a year.

There are a few out there that want Kharma's and have stated to others to let them know they are selling theirs before listing. With the recent price increase hardly any are going new and many going used. :-)

MM
Well, Gladstone you are the second person I know of in two days who has ordered the jr's. This other person went from Kharma's 3.2's to jr's. The world is getting smaller!