Why the switch from Kharma/Tenor to DarTZeel/VSA

Perhaps, its like that old joke that Woody talks about in the beginning of Annie Hall:

"And it goes like this-I'm paraphrasing: Uh ...
"I would never wanna belong to any club
that would have someone like me for a
member." "

But, why does it seem that some of the original Kharma/Tenor/emm labs club members are switching over to DarTZeel amps and Von Schweikert speakers. On the other hand, it doesn't seem like there are many Tenor hybrids or Kharma speakers going up for sale ... yet
thom_y
Mark, Frank, and Jacob have all stated it very well. This hobby allows for so many different ways to the "top"--and "top" is such a subjective term anyway--that it's pointless in getting upset that someone has a different approach than you. Some people have more money, some less, some like to experiment, some don't--it's all relative. The point is, we all love music and love to hear it reproduced well. That commonality has allowed me to meet a lot of nice people in this hobby, and has allowed a lot of others to do the same, and I think that ultimately what counts. Can I get an amen?
You guys are ALL nuts, and you ALL have terrible systems, your speakers are ALL crap, your digital stinks, your decisions are ALL stupid, your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!! (or was I supposed to fart in your general direction?)

Doc, can you up my meds? Just gimme what you take from Stimpy!
I am almost sorry I asked the question ... but it has been amusing seeing the responses.

It would seem as though some of those who switched from the Kharmas to VR-9 were efforts to improve the dynamics for playback of rock music. Which goes back to one of my previous questions regarding the Tenor/Kharma/emm lab combo for alternative rock and whether it was an appropriate consideration for this genre. I will have to answer that myself with serious listening.

In terms of the switch to DarTZeel from Tenor, I wonder how many people were anxious just to give up tubes. On the other hand, I also wonder whether some of the switchers have had equipment failure problems with their Tenor equipment. Are there any quality control issues with the Tenor equipment or is their any financial viability issues with Tenor Audio ?
My guess is that the DartZeel is a little more melliflous, for better and for worse, than many amps--I believe there was a review in Positive Feedback, or one of the on-line zines, that expressed admiration along with some reservations about the sound and price.
I think the combination of transparency and slam with the V.S.'s is quite intoxicating, but the Kharmas may--I'm not sure--be a bit more refined.
One more thing: the corollary of your statement, Frank, would be that you, and you alone, have the perfect system!