Do Countries Have a "House" Sound

I've been mulling over whether countries that manufacture audio equipment produce a sound peculiar to them. For instance, do you automatically assume gear from Germany has more an engineered, detailed quality whereas the UK, for instance, might have more PRAT.

Is there anything to this idea?
gareneau
Did happen to stumble onto this Aussie article:

http://www.gadgetguy.com.au.buyers-guide/which-speaker-
brands-are-the-best-world-tour/

link doesn't seem to be working here - this should read: ".com.au.buyers-guide/which-speaker-brands-are-the-best-world-tour/" after the "gadgetguy" part.
I would say that Japanese and Swisse audio gear has a familiar house sound from my experience. Japanese audio gear usually sounds smooth, warm, velvety, though a bit 'polite', whilst Swisse audio gear has a similar sound, though with an emphasis on resolution/transparency and overall sophistication (which in many ways reflects their swiss watch precision). The downside is that Swisse gear can sound a bit 'thin' to my ears.
Swiss?

You mean from Zurich/Luzern/Basel…the German part…or from Lausanne/Geneva the French part?

Dartzeel,Goldmund, CH, Stenheim, Tron, Eternity Joe, Swissonor, Audio Consulting, Manufacture Le-Son, Audionautics, SoundKaos, etc are from the French speaking part.

Heil AMT is from the Italian part with German and Japanese influence, while Boenicke, Weis,LumenWhite, Klangwerk, Soulution, Piega, Colotube, Revox, etc are from the German speaking part.

Illusonic and Rowen are either on the border or are in the French and German parts.

Culture is quiite diffeent between the various language areas and Switzerlnd borders France/Germany/Italy and Austria, so I guess would be heavily influenced by them too.
Wisnon, thank you for your expansive reply. I suppose I was referring to the French speaking part. Bare in mind however I was only making a generalized comment. I'll leave the culture, geography and demographics to others.