Major Questions Concerning Tube Amps..??

I have read quite a bite about tube amps, positive as well as negative. Here are my questions. I have heard that the distortion level with tube amps are high, is this true.?? Tube amps are usually rated very low in terms of wattage, does this mean they provide more current that solid state amps and if so wouldn't that shorten the life of the tubes. If I replaced the amp that I have for my mains with a tube amp, will this drastically affect the sound of my HT being that the rears and surrounds are powered by a solid state amp.??

DMH
dmhaney
Hey the Fosgate is a strong processor! Its good enough by a good margin to do what i'm talking about.

If you'd like, in ten minutes I could tell you some tricks where you can get Prologic II to rival or better your current stereo playback from you system. These tricks will also help all of your surround modes.

The Vienna Acoustic center is excellent so you should get great results.

email me if you're interested Velocity_dls AT hotmail.com
Cause then I wouldn't have an edge over my competition. If my competition wants and education it will have to cost them (like it is right now). Don't you think that is fair?

I'll help out an individual, especially when he's being led the wrong way but If you want I could setup a class on how to do these things.

I wrote an artical on Soundstage on how to setup a prologic system for music and no one cared, not one email....then when I explained why the sparkly tape tweak to CD's worked or didn't... well everybody was interested then! Go figure?

You can email me if you like. I'll need to know what your system consists of...thanks, have a good one.
Sbank... If you play music with more than 2 channels, the center front channel is by far the most important. It is where the soloist is located. An inferior speaker/amp is OK only if you only look at movies.