anyone heard the new thor tpa 150 monos?

hey any feedback on these amps- look great!!
bebop86
I heard them at a dealer that had them in on a brief trial basis. They may have not been broken in and the set-up certainly wasn't optimized for the amp. The preamps used were either the Thor or an Audio Note M-8. Source was an Audio Note transport and a DAC-4.

I did not like the sound at all. It had a thin, bleached sound, brittle textures, and a flat soundstage, i.e., the kind of sound I associate with some bad pentode amps. I believe it had EL 34s in it, but it sounded more like a 6550 amp. Think Audio Research kind of sound.
Larry...I agree with your 6550 remark. I, too, have noticed that kind of sound from many 6550 amps including one I owned, Mesa Baron. Great highs and lows but an overall somewhat fatiguing sound even after I had the gain lowered.
I have a pair of TPA 150's and a TA-2000. (Larryi heard a pair of TPA 60's) Larryi also considers public address equipment to be on a par with good audio equipment as per his note on Audio Asylum.
If one compares the stark response of Pro Sound Reinforcement products to the wonderfully melifluous and delightful sound of Thor Audio it is like comparing the ride of a VW Beetle to a Rolls Royce.
Perhaps Larryi doesn't deserve better than a PA system.