Advice on integrated tube amps

I want to make the switch to a tube amp. The wife is not very enthusiastic about these things. An integrated amp is probably what I'd want. I have the Dynaudio Audience 50 and the room is about 15x20 ft. I listen to a wide range of music. Any advice on anything <$1,00?
m2mtb
OP here. Thanks for all your input. I'll do some shopping around over the holidays. I will most likely take the speakers with me to a couple of places as I visit relatives to see how they sound with different amps. I'll post another update if things work out. Happy Thanksgiving.
If you can find heathkit W4-AM mono blocks you'll be very happy. A real steal. Beautiful sounding.Use the onkyo for pre amp. great match for any speakers in a room your size. Look on audiogon or audioweb.com
Hello, You may want to consider the Kora line of integrateds if you can find one. They are French made and sound awesome in most systems. I really like the Kora Design 30, which uses El-34's and 12au7's. They made one called the Mercury, which is EL-84 based and about 10wpc more. It came in an remote version as well. You can find more information on www.kora.net. The fellas at Kora are easy to deal with as well. They are true engineers and not a bunch of sales-hacks.

The previous suggestion for the Rogue Audio Tempest is a good one as well. They do go used for 1200 to 1800 bucks though. Well worth the money and you get a bit more power.

Good Luck,
Catman2963
Wow, you've got relatives (as in more than one) with tube amps?! Cool! I think Dynaudio's require muscle, as Peter_S said. In addition to his Rogue recommendation you may be able to find a used Mesa Baron which would fit the bill. Pretty heavy though, and takes quite a few tubes. Versatility is a strong suit though as it can cycle through three different modes of amplification ranging from pentode to triode. You should be able to find one used for about $1500 but be sure they have the original packing and will ship the tubes separately. It is a beast. But should be able to grab a hold of those Dynaudios and shake up the room if you need it to. In triode it makes for a more delicate airy presenation, while the power may be just enough to keep the little Dynaudios purring nicely.

Marco