McIntosh MC252 with Totem Mani2 / Sig's

Need some advice...

how well will the McIntosh MC252 drive my Totem Mani2 Sigs? i use 22' long runs of kimber 4tc, and wonder if the mc252 has enough juice. Would consider stepping up to the MC 402, but that is a lot of $, and I'm not sure i need 400 watts. let me know what you think!

also, can i bi-wire my mani2's buy hooking up two sets of speaker cable to one pair of speaker terminals on these mcintosh products? would that put too much stress on the amp?

thanks!
skuras
rontube...

you pretty much summed up all my feelings. "i always would have wondered..."

i want to get a system over which i will not have any regrets. in fact, about 1 hour after my last posting here, i called the dealer and told him when i come to pick up my stuff tomorrow i want the 402! it is a done deal. but the damn thing won't fit in my rack, so i'm gonna have to run out a get myself and amp stand. you know... it just occured to me that the c2200 pre-amp might not fit in my rack either, as i believe it is also 20" deep.

Q man...

my dealer seemed to have a lot of wiggle room on these products. i got the 402 for $4150, and the C2200 for $3450. both a brand new and have a full warranty. i think that is a pretty good deal.
after 24 hours of constant playing, some interesting things are starting to happen with my new pre amp and power amp.

for one thing, i am clearly hearing details in the music that i never heard before - even on recordings that i have heard MANY times. this level of resolution and detail is, at times, remarkable.

the soundstage has opened up to a degree that is astounding. with my old amp (MF Tri-Vista integrated), there was a very tight central image, about 3' wide. it was like a bullseye hanging right between my speakers. there was not much depth to it at all. now there is a "cloud" of sound that is about 7' wide, and has depth to it. at times it feels like i could walk right into it. and the soundstage now extends to the extreme right and left - outside the speakers. it used to be only right between the speakers.

i love my totem mani2 signature speakers. the only knock against them would have been that they could be a bit bright at times. that brightness is gone, and the treble is sweet and smooth. no trace of glare at all

bass performance is awesome. truly DEEP base, from a monitor size speaker with no sub-woofer!

i have to figure that things are only going to get better over the next 75 hours of use. other than the fact that i am now completely broke, i have nothing but excitement about my new system. it is exactly what i have aspired to for several years now.

i will leave further updates over the next couple days.
Hello Now that you have settled in with some fine Mac gear,start saving for the 501s....I own a Mac 252/Mac c2200 and a Mac mc275. I have heard all three amps in my house..the 252 the 402 and the 501s...I chose the 252 for a couple of reasons,price/value and the size was right, the 402 was a little better but the 501s were a step up and are very very nice,all 3 are a great set of amps anyway you look at it.
All great amps. The MC252 is not truly balanced , so If your source and pre are truly balanced , you may hear a larger difference between the MC252 and MC402 where as if your front end is not truly balanced {and your room is not huge} , the sonic differences may be less noticeable. Either way , they are all nice pieces.