Push pull 300B amplifiers

Any opinions on this topology compared with SET 300Bs or push pull KT88/EL34s (my only point of reference)? Any reason push pull 300B amps not more common?

Am considering the Canary 301 Mk2 or ASL AQ1010DT for 90 db easy load speakers (Equation 25). Good idea?

Any thoughts appreciated.
nzera
I have a pair of Wright Mono 10's that are a push/pull 2A3 design. I also own a pair of 300B SET amps. The Mono 10's give that wonderful midrange magic of the SET while providing more authority in the low end and and overall dynamics and speed...this in direct comparison with both my 300B's as well as George Wrights wonderful 3.5 2A3 SET amps which I owned for a while. The only compromise, to my ears, is in the sense of airiness and delicacy that SET does oh so well. It is by no means a big compromise though. I've never heard the amp in question though, so cannot comment directly abotu that amp.

Marco
I've had no experience with Canary amps but a friend whose ears I trust has - he says they are very well made and quite musical. Also have had no experience with P/P 300B amps since I'm quite happy with my 300B SET at this point. However, at $200.00 - $850.00 a pair for output tubes (and you'll need two pairs) retubing gets quite expensive. I also don't know how long the power tubes will last being run this way, maybe longer.

By the way, Bobheinatz, what 70 watt amp are you using?
TWL, Berning describes the ZOTL amp as class A push-pull. Even though his design is truly unique, I don't see how you can call an OTL amp an SET in any traditional sense of the term.

In any case I would love to hear it.
Herman- if you are in the northeast, your welcome to come hear my Berning (in CT).