Carbon Fiber Brush with Milty Gun?

For those who use these together, which comes first? Does it make most sense to shoot the record with the gun first, and then use the carbon brush?

Thanks again!

Margot
mcanaday
Ninetynine, good question.
There have been many theories discussed and I've wondered what others do and what works best myself?
Meant to add this to my earlier reply...
Since I typically slightly dampen the brush surface, it is unlikely to generate a static charge.

99 - Here are instructions I found on-line (these are also included with the device)...
"Hold the Zerostat within 12" (30.5 cm) of the surface or object to be treated. Squeeze the trigger slowly for about two seconds, to emit a stream of positive ionized air over the surface of the object. As the trigger is slowly released, a negative show of air ions is produced resulting in static neutralization. Repeat this procedure at several points across the surface of the object."

FWIW, I slowly pull and release the trigger at 3 locations above a stopped record (e.g., 12, 4 & 8 o'clock) from a distance of around 12" or so. The current instructions do seem to differ slightly from those of very early models. The very first Milty I owned included a final step in the instructions of pulling but NOT releasing the trigger above the spindle as the final step. Not sure why.
I put the back of my hand up to the LP before using the brush. If the hairs on my hand stand up, I spray the gun before brushing, then again after.
Maybe you should shoot your hand! <;~)
I do the same as Ghosthouse, 12, 4, & 8 o'clock, then squeeze once more in the center, but don't release the trigger until it's pointing away from the record. I read this is best, but haven't tried otherwise. Works so I leave well enough alone.