Rhodium vs Gold AC connectors

Hi dear fellows.Does anybody tried these type of connectors in power cords?In my case I don`t know which could be the differences in sound performances between them.I heard that rhodium connectors have more extended hights frequences , more airy and fluid than gold connectors, but also that they can produce a non-lively sound, with too much control.Regarding Gold connectors I red that they produce a warmer sound, specially in the mids, but with not so much detail as rhodium.Is it true?I will appreciate your comments to make a proper decision.Thanks in advance!Raf
rafael0054
Hi Michaelzay, I look forward to what you have to say, however, you should consider the Furutech FI-50 Rhodium wall plug's and IEC's, Rhodium over pure copper twice cryo treated, called alpha treated, this treatment is the new best of cryo money can buy, Happy listening.
Hi Rafael0054, under guidance from audiogon memeber's and krell, I installed a single pole 30 amp breaker on my modded krell 700cx with the 4awg speaker cables, after 17hrs of play time on the new breaker, talking about wow!, this was an incredible tweak, the Furutech GTX-D Rhodium's said, bring it!, they are cold to the hand when most recepticles would get warm to hot under this kind of unlimited current, bigger sound stage, vocals are deep organic real!, deeper bass, slam like a bomb going off in my home, snare drum sounds like a real one in my listening room, most people go through all their lifes and never get this synergy throughout their entire system, I am extremly Happy with the trancedence of all this, each day this system is getting better.
Furutech Fi-50 Rhodium over copper(Nema+IEC) will cost almost $600, where IEGO (Rhodium) set cost about $100! Does 6 times higher price would offer >6 times of superiority on quality sound? I don't think so.

I read some objective comparisons done by Christiaan Punter on Hifi-advice which seems IEGO plugs (vs. Fi-25)could sound better. Obviously it also depends to power cable materials too.

Besides, I was looking for Silver Nema/IEC, and it is the only brand which does carry Silver Ac connectors. I am going to compare also IEGO gold vs. Fi-11n Gold. I will post my observations after break-in period in the next 10 days.
Michelzay, the furtech I specified is pure copper, and it is the best of cryo treated, alpha is a new treatment that is better than the norm cryo, and yes!, the furutech FI-50 Rhodium is supperior!, you get what you pay for, tring to get you to absolute nirvana, you may go through the motion's of spending money, I alway's go to the top, then decide impression's, if it does not work, on to the next.
Audiolabyrinth, the IeGO Ac connectors are also G/Ag/Rd plated over pure copper. Furutech series from Fi-28 and FI-50 uses G/Rd plated over copper. The rest (Fi-11 and Fi-25)are G/Rd plated over brass. Besides, IeGO founders are ex-Furutech designers. IeGo carries also AC connectors, with G/Rd over pure Silver. I would like to try them in the future and compare them with G/Rd over pure copper. The reduced cost of these experiences using IeGo compared to Furutech is interesting to point out. This is not an advertisement for IeGo or any other brand!!!!

In my humble experience in general and especially on Audio equipment, More expensive does not mean a better performance, may be it translates on better packaging material. I tried different expensive power cables and compared them to some cheaper versions and found just by changing AC connectors one could get a superior quality out of cheaper PC. For example, I tried Tara labs The One AC PC (~$2000) and Gold AC PC (~$4000)with my Tara labs AD6 Power conditioner and compared them with some Old Transparent audio PC that changed their NEMA/IEC connectors. With my DIY/modified cables I got better sound-staging with more details on extreme frequencies. That's why everyone in this treat tries to do. As always, it all depends to our system and synergy between different gears.