Carbon Fiber Brush with Milty Gun?

For those who use these together, which comes first? Does it make most sense to shoot the record with the gun first, and then use the carbon brush?

Thanks again!

Margot
mcanaday
Moonglum: The best alternative to "the gun" is the Audio Desk cleaner... no static at all.
We could all just play the soundtrack to the movie "FM".

No static at all...

(Steely Dan RULES!!!) :-)
Can't argue with that, Slaw ;^)

Although they say the KL machine has all the advantages of the AD but is developing a greater reputation for reliability. The only problem I can see with the KL is the 3K asking price :O

Don't think I haven't thought about it...I've been drooling over these things for some time ;^)
Best regards,
Just out of interest this weekend, I brushed an LP with my Audioquest Anti-static brush, (as I always do), then played it without having used the Zerostat on it (as I usually do). When I then went to remove the LP from the platter, there was detectable attraction between it and the (Kenwood L07D stainless steel) platter mat, plus lots of crackling sounds. This does not happen after using Zerostat. However, I detected no problems while actually listening to the LP. (So much for the notion that the Audioquest brush has any real "anti-static" effect, too.)
I use the Zerostat first (3 spot it) when the platter is still

then the brush once I get it rotating

having records cleaned with a KL Audio LP200 ultrasonic cleaner removes static like a charm, almost never have it and the pops that come with it. The KL Audio and Audio Desk are a true godsend to record reproduction - low level details, low noise floor, body around the instruments, etc.

a lot of the time I forget to zerostat and with the KL Audio don't have any static issues at all
It wasn't like that before

oops I see someone mentioned the KL Audio above
it's $4k not $3k
worth every penny

via messers Becker and Fagen

no static at all
FM