Which amp ? ...

Hi folks.

I am searching for a used amp to go with my ARC SP14 and my Snell CV. I have narrowed the selection down to three.

My choices (so far) are the Aragon 8008, Threshold T200, Bryston 4bst.

I listen insanely loud and like a smooth top and tight, yet deep bottom.

Which of these three would you recommend? Or, if you think I am way off base, what do you like that I can pick up for under $1500.

Dean.
reelsmith
Thanks guys !

I did a little research on the VK200 and it indeed looks as if it should be at the top of my list. Thanks!

Dean.
8008 MK2 sounds warm with rich mid/bass. I did A/B comparison with my friend and he eventually sold the T200.

I used Theta Data II -> Theta Pro Basic II DAC -> ARC LS 15 -> 8008 Mk2 -> NHT 3.3.
Reelsmith: have you gotten the beast home and hooked up yet? I'm curious to know if our recommendations have met with your approval...
Not yet.

Here is a little background:

I have been out of hi-fi for almost 10 years. At that time I had an SP-9II, an HCA-2200II, an ARC CD-2, a VPI Jr with an FT3 and an OC9 and a pair of Snell CV. I sold it all to pursue another hobby.

The SP-14 I purchased recently had an issue, so I sent it back. I now have a BAT VK-3i and a Lehman Black Cube. The BAT VK200 has not arrived yet and I also have the Alpha Version of the Audio Refinement CD Complete on the way as well. I have an old JVC table with an SME IIIs and an OC9 that I will use for a bit until I can afford to upgrade and I don't have any speakers yet! I really want the Snell CV but haven't found a pair yet. I may get a pair of Maggies (MG1.6QR) with a sub instead. If I do, I am sure a pair of Snells will turn up the next day.

I must say, I am blown away by the build quality of the VK3i!

Thanks for asking, Loonytunz.

Dean.