solid state gear- leave on?

Is it good idea to leave solid state power amps on during the day if they don't make much heat?
samuellaudio
I leave my solid state electronics on all of the time. So far in decades of audiofoolery I have not had any electrical failure or repair that could be put down to that practise.
Eldartford, Kevziek

Let's see Missiles and tollerance. Then we have Millitary communications and crypto gear. Why did we (I haven't been in for a quite a while) always leave our gear on. Some of the finest gear in the world from a design stand point. Also why were taught that the on/off switch is harder on SS equipment than almost any other factor.

Capacitors, Transistors, Inductors, Resistors. Components A dried out cap or a stressed piece of silicon in a transistor = noise. If memory serves me correctly caps rarely went bad. It is usually a transistor.

In high end audio as with any SS electronic equipment any time you turn on the equipment current begins to flow through the circuit as long as there is a load at the other end soft start or not. Therefore you go from cold to hot. (Missile Temperature Controled Environment) increasing the wear on any silicon device.

For those of you that know this I apologize. As for the manufactures that want you to turn your equipment on and off to induce wear on the transistors and therefore generate noise it's your money.

Remember to take the system as a whole.
Artizen65...Slight correction. The money saved by improved reliability through use of dormant mode, rather than continuous operation, is TAXPAYER money, not mine.

Continuous Operation was proposed several times over the years while I was involved, sometimes by the customer. In every case, upon objective study, it was determined that people's "gut feeling" that reliability would be improved was wrong. Of course, it is relevant that the equipment was designed expressly to be operated in this manner. I suggest that all equipment should have at least simple provisions to avoid adverse effects from power application/removal.
Oakiris: the act of turning your computer on will suck up a heck of a lot more power than leaving it in sleep mode for an hour or two will.