Tube amp upgrade/repair in San Jose Bay Area

Looking for a reliable shop for upgrading/repair a tube amp? My soldering technique is really quite ugly.

Thanks.

Eric
ejliu
Nick is very good. Alex Dondysh can also repair/upgrade equipment. He is a qualified electrical engineer and HD TV designer; he knows his stuff. He is in Foster City. Give him a call at
925-408-1522

Alex also designs and sells custom made SET and push/pull tube amps that can run with any tube amp out there under the company name of 3 Dimension Audio. He is coming over to install a very nice 300b push/pull amp tomorrow.
Nick is great, never met Scott Franklin but his prior history would tell me he knows his stuff. ..

you mentioned cost is a factor, so I have used the Sound Well in Berkeley, they have a tech who is brilliant and has fixed several things for me. the best thing about him is that they have a fixed labor charge, usually between $90-$140, plus parts. He has fixed whatever i have sent to him, and each time it was less than $200.
"Alex Dondysh can also repair/upgrade equipment." I just called him, he indicated he doesn't do repair or upgrade.
Sorry; last time I chatted with Alex he was doing repairs and upgrades. Guess too busy with amplifier production.
Call Jeff @ Audible Arts (408 248-1196). He's off Winchester/280. He knows several authorized repair guys in the area for audio equipment. I'm picking my tube amp up today after a repair coincidentaly. I don't remember the guy he sent it to for the repair, but he is local.