Economy amps from Channel, Nixon, etc?

Can anyone comment on the sound of some economy amps that impressed them with the sound quality? Companies like Channel Island, Scott Nixon, and Clarity amp (from 6moons) as compared to the more common amps like NAD and Rotel?
Would these small companies offer better value?
cdc
I worry about very small companies. There are threads here about problems with companies closing at a moments notice with no future support. I would get an Adcom GFA 545 mkII if I were you. Good luck!
I have the Channel Islands VMB-1 mono-blocks and they are really good sounding amps. I have owned amps that cost twice as much but didn't sound nearly as good to my ears.

I was tempted last week by a pair of Scott Nixon mono-blocks that showed up here on AudiogoN. I would love to try them as I've fallen squarely into the "less is more" camp when it comes to audio.

Enjoy,

TIC
Samson servo 120 amp ($189.00 from sweetwater) amd Onix amps from av123 are two others that comes to mind.
I have tried the Harman Kardon HK 3470 receiver which was really good for the $180. Lacked bass power, depth, and the highs had a little artificial sheen.
Aball good point about buying from a stable company. But I've heard the Adcom on B&W Nautilus then the dealer switched to Classe. I was forever ruined as to the grainy bright sound of Adcom amps.