EL34 vs. KT66 output tubes

I've had the recent opportunity to compare EL34 and KT66 output tubes in my AES sixpac monobloc amps (the amps come with the EL34's). I am surprised how much more I like the KT66's. Male vocals in particular seem to really reach out much more with the KT66's. Although bass might not be as deep as the EL34's, it has a warmer rounder feel. Is the KT66 known to be a warmer sounding tube? Does anyone have experience with both of these tubes?
smeyers
WHICH '34? WHICH '66? I suspect there are more variations among brands WITHIN the tube type as between the 2 types.

"Male vocals in particular seem to really reach out much more..." means male vocals are more forward?
Smeyers,

I would be interested in which KT66 tubes you rolled. I have the Six Pac's and have not yet rolled any of the power tubes.

Thnx,
The EL34's are the Ruby EL34B STR. I'm not sure who makes the KT66's; the writing on them is "Electron Tube KT66 Made in China". I thing the brand might be Shuguang. I got the first set of KT66's from Cary, and the 2nd from Upscale.

What I mean about the male vocals reaching out, is that they just seem to have more presence, like they are closer to me and a little more gutsy. Maybe the KT66's have a bump in the lower midrange? Anyhow I really like the effect. It actually sounds more realistic to me, like I am more in a concert hall. I had to go back to the EL34's for a while until I got a new set of KT66's, and I thought there was definitely a bit of lost 'magic'. I would love to try a more 'exotic' KT66 like the Genelax, but holy cow, are these expensive!!

Matty, if you decide to try the KT66's, I would be very curious to hear your comments. Be aware though, that you lose a bit of power; I think the KT66's provides around 35wpc as opposed to the 50wpc from the EL34's. No problem for me as I am using fairly efficient speakers, and it goes as loud as I need.
By the way, it was the folks at Cary that suggested the KT66. I called them asking for suggestions based on my comments and the type of music I mostly listen to, and they thought the KT66 would work well... they were correct!