Diana Krall's New CD "Live in Paris"????

Has anyone heard the new Krall CD (NOT DVD) "Live in Paris", and what are your thoughts?
crega
Surprised no one has yet mentioned Billie Holiday. Too obvious, I guess. I've (for more than 30 yrs now) thought originals are usually the best. Jazz singers and players who created or got in on the first floor of any "scene" have always touched and held me more than anyone doing it today. In this same vein, check out "Charlie Christian - The Original Guitar Hero" on Columbia-Legacy. $8.00 and eight songs when he was in the Benny Goodman band. This is what it's all about. And please don't bitch about the sonics. If that's a problem, get some good SETs and appropriate speakers next time.
tomyran,
I think Billie Holliday has not come up because the discussion seems to be centered on the "new generation" vocalists. You're right, of course, to identify her as one of the best (ever).

I metioned Christine Tobin earlier and I'd like to add Paula West to the list of DK alternatives.
tomyran,
I think Billie Holliday has not come up because the discussion seems to be centered on the "new generation" vocalists. You're right, of course, to identify her as one of the best (ever).

I metioned Christine Tobin earlier and I'd like to add Paula West to the list of DK alternatives.