Top 10 Must-have Classical CD's

I just upgraded all of my components and am now into tube amps. Everything sounds so good and I am, therefore, buying lots of new music.

What few classical CD's that I have picked up through the years have started a desire to flesh out my library.

I would be interested in, please, a list of "top ten" recomendations for the clasical newby including the piece, artist, label etc.

Thanks!
eddaytona
I'm not into classical, but my friend just turned me on to the disc Aaron Copland, The Populist. It is very well recorded, and I liked the music also.
Eldragon, I agree on Mozart. Mozart, Requiem; take any Bohm, Klemperer, even the old Karajan.
On taste, I beg to disagree slightly: Edd states he's new to the gendre so rather than "personal taste" I think that "impressive", "likely to hook", "representative" & similar are more appropriate words. Cheers
Thanks everone thus far.
As Gregm aptly notes: "I think that "impressive", "likely to hook", "representative" & similar are more appropriate words." is exactly what I am hoping for.

Of course taste always enters into these things. With a wide variety of responses as thus far I hope to get things staretd so that eventually I too will have my own tastes.

Again, thanks thus far,

All the best