Upbeat music suggestions?

I am need of a good music infusion. Most of music is mainstream and, quite frankly, I'm in need of something new.

Typically I like upbeat "catchy" stuff. I listen to Rock (U2, VH etc), Blues (SRV, Cray, Beniot etc), Alternative/Techno (Depeche, Cranberries, Lush), Jazz (Miles etc), Pop, R+B and even Folk (Natalie Merchant, Joan Osborne etc).

I need some good suggestions for a breath of fresh air so that I may enjoy my music (and system) more often. I need it to be fairly upbeat though as I typically dislike downtrodden and melancholy types of music.

Guide me wise ones!

joew
Dweller,Speaking of Shake'Em on Down.The 1st Track on The Album by The "North Mississipi Allstars" -Shake hands with Shorty"is Shake'Em on Down!..Highly Recommended Slide,Blues/Rock CD,To say the very least!..I would even say an Essential Blues Album!..Not exactly sitt'in on the front porch Blues,They Rock!Duanne Allman Fans alert!JD
The Vinyl Kings - A Litte Trip (Almost a beatles reunion)
Linus Of Hollywood - Your Favorite Record Album (it will be)
Corey Harris/Henry Buttler - VU DU Menz (great blues duo)
Thomas Dolby - Aliens Ate My Buick (pop/funk/jazz)
Pink - Missunderstood (it will suprise you)
The Soundtrack Of Our Lives - Behind the Music (great pop)
Burton Garr - Mighty Long Road (a truley great uptemp blues)
Soundtrack to Magnolia - (Amiee Mann songs)
Dr John - Creole Moon (his best to date)
I'm cutting and pasting this to a Word Doc so I can print this and go down to the store and see what I can see! Thanks alot and keep the good ideas flowing.

It's gonna be a good weekend.

If you care to take a percussion trip try a Brent Lewis disc. "Jungle Moon" would be a good one to start with.
BT - Movement in Still Life
Jane Monheit - In the Sun
Shootyz Groove - Hi Definition
P.M. Dawn - Jesus Wept
Planet X - Moonbabies
Remy Shand - The Way I Feel
Robert Fripp - Pie Jesu
J.S. Bach - Six Brandenburg Concertos