Which artists do you just not get?

I love folk. I love rock n roll. I love jazz, classical, C&W, blues and bluegrass.

At the risk of being labeled a troglodyte, a philestine, or worse, I've never been able to listen to Bob Dylan without getting a headache. Reminds me of a cat and a chalk board. Same goes for The Grateful Dead. Maybe I wasn't doing the right drugs or something.

Who else has the courage to admit to disliking music that vast portions of the population seems to go gag-ga over?

Rule number 1, Don't get personal or call other posters names because they just dissed your favorite artist.

Rule number 2, keep it civil.

Rule number 3 - HAVE FUN!
kinsekd
Opera. Or, maybe I just need to learn Italian. Actually, I don't like opera no matter what language it is in.
Sean, what the hell is wrong with you, man? I already love your brother and father.Miles Davis and John McLaughlin are the most important musicians in modern,let's say,jazz.Next thing I know you'll say that Paco De Lucia can't get flamenco right and that Dead Can Dance is nothing to write home about.I hate Kind Of Blue and some of McLaughlin's albums, by the way.Parker,Monk and Armstrong have no place in my collection.
Frank Zappa and Captain Beefheart. I've heard isolated cuts that were incredibly musical, but never was able to connect with the contexts these artists created.
Jewel, Waylon Jennings, Miles Davis, The Grateful Dead, Most of Bruce Springsteen- especialy his boxed live set(s), Carmen, Justin Timberlake, The new Fleetwood Mac album, Aerosmith-Nine Lives & "Just push stop". Special mention: Pretty Woman the movie.
I get it all now!

I can't figure out a lot of hip-hop these days. Good lyrics, but as music to turn on, its beyond me. My musical evolution in that direction stopped a long time ago with the incomparable Grandmaster Flash.

In Jazz, Miles leaves me cold (maybe that's his point!, curiously. Not so Mingus, Monk and a host of other 'cerebral' jazz musicians. I dislike soft jazz.

People I wish were on the Titanic? Kenny G, Michael Bolton, and the Titanic woman herself, thankfully out of sight in Vegas. Actually, you can get any of half a dozen pop divas tickets with her, as far as I am concerned. Mariah Carey is saved from that fate by reason of her honorable early career.

I love most older rock 'n roll, all manner of pop music and one hit wonders, western classical until around 1930, most world music that does not attempt to be 'fusion' (John McLaughlin, please note). That's personal musical evolution, I guess. 35 years ago, Cream was the standard I measured everyone else's music by...used to think the Doors were on the 'soft' side of rock :-).

Happy days, when 'Who's Next', Led Zep or 'Exile on Main St.' were still surprises the future still held. Would that we could live in such times again.