Which artists do you just not get?

I love folk. I love rock n roll. I love jazz, classical, C&W, blues and bluegrass.

At the risk of being labeled a troglodyte, a philestine, or worse, I've never been able to listen to Bob Dylan without getting a headache. Reminds me of a cat and a chalk board. Same goes for The Grateful Dead. Maybe I wasn't doing the right drugs or something.

Who else has the courage to admit to disliking music that vast portions of the population seems to go gag-ga over?

Rule number 1, Don't get personal or call other posters names because they just dissed your favorite artist.

Rule number 2, keep it civil.

Rule number 3 - HAVE FUN!
kinsekd
Ya know Nrchy, Its kinda funny that you said that, there is an artist i was reading about a couple weeks ago who recently sold to the smithsonian a can filled with his own feces.
somehow managed to pass it off as art.

hehehhehehe
I have to "re-nominate" Radiohead. What the hell is all the hype about ??? Between these guys and a band called Porcupine Tree, i've wasted too much time and money trying to see what others and reviewers see / hear in them.

This gives me an idea. Rather than just trying to sell discs outright, is anybody open to "trading" discs that they don't like for discs that they like or just want to check out ? If we can find a way to post lists of what we want to "dispose of", we may be able to set up some type of system that allows us to exchange discs between us from within our collections. Not only would this expand our musical horizons, it might allow us to "clean house" in terms of helping us to get rid of discs that we never listen to and give them a home where they are better appreciated. Sound reasonable ? Sean
>
Sean,

I like your idea. Just wonder if the goons at the RIAA would try to stomp all over this like they have the file swappers?
Sean,
That is a GREAT idea! Sort of an Audiogon "trading post." I can think of at least a dozen CDs/LPs I've bought this year that I would like to trade. I'm all for your idea. It may be worth creating a new thread in case other potential advocates don't check into this one.

Well, I think I'm gonna be lambasted for this one...80 posts and noone has mentioned this guy...everyone must like him but me.

Neil Young. Ack.