what are you listening to lately?

I'd like share some of my more recent favorite finds in hopes that others will share some of theirs....thanks for looking & sharing.

Solomon Burke-Don't give up on me
My Morning Jacket- It still moves
Peter Wolf-Sleepless
Eastmountainsouth-self-titled
Derek Trucks Band-Soul Serenade (& his last, Joyful Noise)
Lizz Wright-salt
Kathleen Edwards-Failer
128x128pehare
In my ongoing PSA for personal recommendations - the Amazon links to my recent purchases that don't suck. Click the link, scroll down to "Listen to Samples" (for ease, just click the Listen to All button) - and through the miracle of modern technology - hear snippets streamed via Real Player or Windoze MP:

Dennison Wittmer - Recovered
Bebel Gilberto - Tanto Tempo
Fountains of Wayne - Welcome Interstate Managers
Mull Historical Society - Us
Richard Bona, Mino Cinelu - "Mino Cinelu" (if you haven't heard this already, it's a MUST HAVE. Fantastic music, FANTASTIC fidelity)

Bob Dylan - "Love And Theft" (SACD)

Paul Simon - "You're the One"

Bryan Ferry - "Frantic" (is this SACD coming to the US anytime soon? I can't afford $50+)
Had some folks over last night to audition the new Dave Matthews solo effort "Some Devil"

We also listened to a Rykodisc world music release "Music of Upper and Lower Egypt"

Followed it up with Thelonius Monk's "Brilliant Corners" mono version on VG+ vinyl

all this accompanied by two bottles of Smoking Loon cabernet. A Napa wine lable owned by Sabastiani. Excellent, inexpensive, and ready to drink now.
Slipknot1- Damn, don't go telling everyone about Smoking Loon! That's one of our favorites inexpensive wines! Try their merlot too...it's a bit heavier than the cab if you can believe it! Got some serious legs and pretty smokey...almost zin-like in some ways. "I can't believe it's merlot!" Great stuff for not much $. Also quite wonderful is the Abundance vinyards selections in around the same $8.99-10.99 price range!

OK so last night we had company over too (downed about 5 bottles of the red stuff). We were enjoying some beautiful New Orleans female vocals from "Po Girls". Also I finally listened to and very much enjoyed "16 Horsepower" (I think one of the Audiophile rags used to rave about them). My wife thought they got a bit redundant after a short while ("....the guy's only got two notes!!!.......He should get together with Morrisey and the two of them would have four notes!"). Kind of a dark Apallachian sound!

Marco
Marco,
Saw "16 horsepower" open one time for Bob Weir/Ratdog. Landmark Theatre in Syracuse, NY March 1999.

"Smoking Loon" gotta go get a coupla cases of that stuff. I Love the cork: WHOO,WHOO,WHOO,COUGH,WHOO,WHOO