Your Favorite, Most Outstanding Guitar Solo

Of all the musical performances I own on recorded format, whether they be LP or CD, there are certain guitar solos that are the most engaging and memorable. You know, the ones that when they're over, you just sit there speechless, wondering "How the hell did they just do that"?

As with anything, there are certain performances when everything was "just right". When the musician had that "perfect connection" between themselves and the instrument. This is not limited to acoustic or electric, live or studio, or any specific discipline of music. It also does not necessarily have to be your favorite guitarist. Very simply, your favorite guitar solo.

I would like to hear your opinions. This would be a great thread for providing exposure to other listeners, to material that they may be unaware of. If possible, also name the album that the solo is from.

My two favorites would have to be:

Jeff Beck / "The Golden Road" off of "There And Back".

John Mc Laughlin / "Every Tear From Every Eye" off of "Electric Guitarist"

Thanks for your responses.

128x128buscis2
Yessongs end of Starship Trooper...or the same ending with Bill Bruford on the ABWH live LP. Howe in Yessongs "Yours Is No Disgrace" is one of the best playing ever by anyone.

Only guitar player to let loose and kill, but still stay within the rythm and framework of the song...no tangents!
I have two that stick out, and I bet nobody else picks them. This is a good thing because now you can go out and listen!

Jimmy Hendrix "Bold as Love"
Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page during "In the Light"

and for sheer crazy guitar playing by somebody who owned the 90's Dave Navarro of Janes Addiction fame playing a solo on the track "Stop". Insane.
Where to start?

Some alternative cuts from the already cited Robert Fripp (try St Elmo's Fire from Eno's Another Green World) and Richard Thompson Calvary Cross (choose your version).

Not yet mentioned:

Todd Rundgren (Can't Stop Runnin' and While My Guitar Gently Weeps) from his new Greatest Hits LIve CD... finally a taste of TR's playing on disc.

Dave Davies "I'm Not Like Everybody Else" - like Steve Cropper on "Green Onions" this one is creative and economical especially in historical context.

Richard Lloyd's double LP (can't recall the Title) is full of great soloing throughout - I'd take it over anything from Television or Tom Verlaine.

David Hidalgo has an interesting, distinctive solo voice - though I'm not sure any Lobos recording captures it particularly well.

BTW:

I was always under the impression that the lead guitar on "Baby's On Fire" was Phil Manzanera not Robert Fripp. Am I mistaken?

Also Bill Kirchen (Commander Cody's guitarist on "Hot Rod Lincoln") does an hilarious solo in his live show in which he sequentially plays a brief, distinctive phrase in the style of many, many famous guitarists while calling out their names (he was up over thirty last time I saw him - maybe 10 years ago).
I've always loved the Jimmy Lyon solo on Eddie Money's "Two Tickets to Paradise".