Best progressive acts these days?

My list A Pjedi Nudi,Thinking Plague,reunited Anglagard,Finestre,Citizen Cain.
128x128mikedimitrov
For anyone who has an interest in the the Strawbs, there has been a real burst of activity from them (and related performers) in the last few years. The Acoustic Strawbs (Dave Cousins, Brian Willoughby, Dave Lambert) have toured extensively in the last several years- in 2001 they released the excellent "Baroque & Roll" on Witchwood Records. 2002 saw the release of "Hummigbird" by Rick Wakeman and Dave Cousins. Finally in 2003 the Strawbs released the full band studio album "Blue Angel."

In 2004 the full-band electric Strawbs (Dave Cousins, Brian Willoughby, Dave Lambert, Blue Weaver, Richard Hudson, John Ford; which is essentially the "Bursting at the Seams" line-up) will play in the US northest (dates/venues still pending). There will be a new full band studio recording and a DVD of a recent performance of the Acoustic Strawbs relesed as well.
Go here if you want to discuss prog with some read die hard types. Some great old suff revisited and some incredible new stuff from all over the world.

http://www.progressiveears.com/Default.asp?bhcp=1

Enjoy,
Bob
thanks for the update on the Strawbs - I'll be looking for them live - hopefully they'll make it to D.C.. I'll also look for the latest cd release.
No release date has been established for the new electric band Strawbs studio album, in fact I don't believe that sessions have even started yet. That a new album is even contemplated at this time is remarkable given that "Blue Angel" was issued in 2003. I presume its release will coincide with the US tour of which the only confirmed date is July 11 at the NEARFEST in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. For information on the Strawbs, go to their excellent website www.strawbspage.ndirect.co.uk
As of yesterday, the Strawbs website has posted dates for the full electric band- additional dates are pending and will be posted in due course.