Calling all acoustic guitar fans...

I've always liked the sound of acoustic guitar on my system. Currently in heavy rotation in my system now:
1. Sounds of Wood and Steel #2 (Windham Hill)
2. Sounds of Wood & Steel #3 (Windham Hill)
3. Eric Clapton Unplugged
4. Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds (live extra disc in Some Devil CD)

I'm looking for direction from you guys on other well recorded selections, let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Jim
mijknarf
Most Oregon recordings, but especially Ralph Towner solo projects. Then there's Egberto Gismonte.

Enjoy,
Bob
1. Doc Watson, Doc Watson - ie. his first Vanguard recording. This one is my favorite, but you can substitute many from that catalog. This man is a treasure.
2. Tony Rice, Backwaters - One of the truly great New Grass recordings with Tony's other worldly technique ablazing.
3. Slack Key Guitar Masters, vol. 1 (on the Dancing Cat Label). Sweet finger-style guitar technique that conveys intense depth of emotion. Led Kaapana's Weehaa Swing not to be missed.
4. Bola Sete, The Incomparable Bola Sete - One of the major proponents of Bossa Nova in the US, but with much more fire than was typical. Classical intonation and cleanliness with staggering speed and elegant phrasing. One of the greats.
5. Norman Blake, Whiskey Before Breakfast - No collection of acoustic guitar music should be without this recording of essential, traditional American music.
6. David Grisman Quintet, Hot Dawg - One of the premier New Grass groups meets Stephan Grappelli. Tony Rice's playing is as good here as anything he's done. The rest of the group ain't chopped liver either.
7. Julian Bream, The Julian Bream Consort, Elizabethan Music - Arguably the greatest classical guitarist and lutenist to ever breath air. Great performances of great music.
8. Manitas de Plata, at Carnegie Hall - Spanish gypsy playing flamenco guitar with such intensity it will make you sweat. May be the definitive recording of its type.
the best acoustic guitar album i have ever found is by 3 of the best guitarists in the world,album is called friday night in san francisco & the guitarists are al di meola & john mclaughlin & paco de lucia,its a live album & it has never came out of heavy rotation in my collection,every time i listen im completely floored,it is a complex recording to say the least,some of the passages are breath takingly beautiful.
I played the groove off my copy of "Friday Night in San Francisco" in the 80's. I recently bought it on CD and have a completely different reaction after many years of not hearing it. It's certainly full of fireworks, but I don't find I can sit and enjoy it from beginning to end like I used to. In contrast, Pat Metheney's "One Quiet Night" is a phenomenally listenable recording that's on heavy rotation these days.