goN' LPs at $10, I can buy for $0.18

I just wonder who would buy the piles of LPs listed in the classified that are common stuff. I can buy (and HAVE) many of these $10 wonders. I paid around $0.23 or $0.18 each for these LPs.
I mean stuff like Hall & Oats, Cars...(I got them all at $0.18 each)
I have like 2,000 LPs I paid under a quarter each for, as mint as can be! I COULD start listing them, trying to make a killing (as some seem to be trying to do), but I would be listing them at $1.00 and STILL feel I was robbing the blind.
I can understand the rarer MFSL etc, but the classifieds ads should have a charge for being placed, even $0.50, to cut the flood of junk filling the LP classified!!!
elizabeth
I agree that the freeby listing has gotten way out of hand. I too see lots of junk in other areas. This high line site has gotten a bit low lined. But business is business and you take the bad with the good. Gold mine you say. Go for it and then buy more of those high line pieces..........
I don't really want to start fussing with you over this because I know your opinion won't change. My question is how many times are you going to start a thread saying the same old stuff? We all know the prices for vinyl here have put a burr under your saddle and you don't like the free ads, but it seems to me, it's like television. If you don't like it, don't look.

I've bought a number of albums here and each one has been nearly perfect, professionally cleaned and placed in poyletheylene inner sleeves and plastic outer sleeves. I double dog dare you to do the same and sell them for a buck. Try walking in their shoes for a change and posts your results. Now, that would be a new thread!
Yes it is annoying, to look for something I might want, and have to slog through mountains of trash, (Just like at the thrift stores!)
I am pointing out to those who care to read that most are overpriced junk!
And the same goes for this post, by the way, "If you don't like it, don't look."
I have purchased LPs on Audiogon also, and find the going pretty tough.
At least on eBay, I can just look at "Jazz" LPs or "classical" LPs.
And I just might sell some M- LPs IN A polylined new sleeve AND a 5 mil new outer... Because I am in this because it is a hobby... not a cash growing machine!
Elizabeth I could not agree more. The prices of LPs here is outrageous! I rarely see anything special about the LPs except the price they are charging. I have purchased hundreds of LPs on Ebay, but I can't recall buying any here. I guess we're preaching to the choir though.
I think it would help if sellers would post many albums in 1 ad instead of 50 individual ad's.Save a lot of listing space and quicker to read.Listing common albums is a waste of time unless sealed possibly.JD