is this the best guitar ever

im completely enamered with the album by 3 of the greatest guitarists ever,friday night in san francisco,
john mclaughlin & al dimeola & paco de lucia,is this the best accoustic guitar album or what,got a better favorite?
128x128bigjoe
I had it a long time ago, but lost it somewhere. I just bought it again a few months ago.
I saw these guys in concert, early 80's, in San Juan. Fantastic performance! First each came out and did a solo piece, then they each paired with the others for duets, and finally all three onstage at the same time. The only regret that I can remember was that the whole show seemed too short for me!
Check out their album "Passion, FIre & Grace"...
I recently found a near mint LP of this in a thrift. A very fine performance indeed. I am envious of the folks that got to see them in person.
Great album, the follow up, recorded in the studio, "Passion, Grace and Fire", doesn't measure up but is more of the same. For some other nicely recorded modern guitar try Larry Coryell and Philip Catherine's "Twin House" on Electra. Most of it is live in the studio with some later sweetening during mixdown. The domestic LP is quite good. The German pressing better yet. Oh, btw, there is a CBS half-speed mastered version of "Friday Night....", don't waste your money, as with many of these, it actually sounds more wirey and less dimensional than the standard Columbia pressing.