What was your first music that you paid for?

In fifth grade I received a stereo for Christmas. What a mistake my parents made, I never stopped the hobby. My firat album was Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass with :What Now My Love" my first 45 was "Guitarzan by Ray Stevens and the first 8-track was Frijid Pink.

What was the first music you purchased?
jothompson
Now this could give someones age away. First LP was The Doors. I lived in Manhattan Beach California when I was a kid. A few friends and I (this was around the late 1960's)heard loud music playing in a garage that was closed but it was emanating loudly at the time. I was hooked because I remember hearing the song Crystal Ship being played over and over among others and thought that was a cool song. Months later I heard the same song in a record store when their album was released and I was very surprised and I bought it. I will never forgot that.
Although I had been collecting 45's for a short while, I remember my first LP purchase vividly. I was brought along to Toronto with my parents on a trip and ended up at Sam the Record Man, then and for a long while the mecca of record stores in Canada. I spent about four hours looking at album covers but only had the scratch ($5.00) for one album. On my way out I looked at the new releases again and narrowed it down to Paul Revere and the Raiders Greatest Hits vs. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. I chose Paul Revere and have been making the right picks ever since!
I'm surprised so many people can remember. I think it may have been the Stones, Beggars Banquet. Other possibilities are Blind Faith, Hendrix's Are you Experienced, and Led Zeppelin II. Or maybe it was something else.
Cheap Thrills by Big Brother and the Holding Company for $2.99 at Kings (no longer there) in Brighton, MA in 1969.