What artist piqued your interest?

For 20 plus years, I was very much into Classic Rock. Got older and went into the direction of Jazz and Blues, all styles. That was all I listened to. Then one day I heard Nickel Creek and now I can't get enough Blue Grass. Who knew?

Your story?

Good Listening,

Steve Bachman
Phoenix, AZ
sbachman
I was never onto a specific style or music generation such as Classic Rock, Prog, Heavy, Metal etc... always placing on to the main interests of listening non-schematic music based on extra-ordinary improvisations whether it's rock jazz or electronica.
Beatles, Stones and Queen were only for quite a short time in my early youth that had been quickly overthrown by Frank Zappa and that's where my music alphabet started from his last letter. He was the pioneer of an extraordinary improvisation, outstanding guitar reefs, orchestration and fantastic lyrics and role plays.
Yeah I pretty much listen to jazz, but mainly classical. I Didn't like country (which is pretty close to blue grass), then I picked up Allison Krauss - Union Station and got into blue grass. Would love more high quality recordings of newer rock or alternative, but won't listen to the overprocessed crap.
I've been a serious rock fan for the 25 years I've been listening to music. There have been plenty of ventures into other genres, though. Johnny Cash's "Silver" turned me onto country many moons ago, while Muddy Waters' "Folk Singer" got me hooked on blues. Those albums led to other wondrous discoveries, and now I have plenty of blues and country in my collection. Recently, I've dipped my toes into classical, purchasing Mobile Fidelity's pressing of Ravel's Bolero. I like what I hear, so who knows where that'll lead.
check out this live wire renee olstead @ 14 years old she

sounds maevelous let me know what you think