Your First Concert was.....

My first concert was Arlo Guthrie at the Shaffer (sic) Music Festival in Central Park, NYC. It cost 2 bucks and it was for his "Running Down the Road" album.
dreadhead
america, my older sister took me when i was 12. does this count? america? oh my. this may explain some things that are wrong deep in my soul.
Richard,

Do you sometimes feel that you're just wandering through life on a horse with no name?

Marty
Alan Freed's 1955 Rock&Roll Show.Acadamy Of Music in NYC
A Group named 'The Wrens opened the show and 2-3 hours later "The Cadillacs" Closed the show.
Buddy Rich and his big band or Cleo Lane with Dankworth & co - can't recall which was first - my parents took me - and it must have been 1970 or so. (My dad played trombone in a jazz band.)

The first concert I paid for myself (as a student who got pocket money from gardening) was in 1979 in Nice, France - Average White Band with Steel Pulse (as the opening band) - that was when my jaw dropped after hearing Steve Ferrone on drums - astonishingly musical performer and a superlative groovemaster. It was the same year that the Police "Message in a Bottle" came out and Copeland became a household name. Great stuff.