hilary hahn..violinist

she is argueably the most prominent of the new violin players of the last 5 to 10 years.is it for real? is she that good? i think she's the real goods,except for a few musical burps[here and there].what do you think?
give it a shot .
128x128route9
Eldartford - For the Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto also check out the older mono recording on Testament of Leonid Kogan's performance. Not the greatest in terms of the recording itself (tape hiss), but a wonderful and engaging performance nonetheless! Truly one of the great performances of this piece. The Prokofiev No. 2 on the same disk is outstanding as well.

Marco
The best Oistrakh Tchaikovski must be a late 60s early 70s (he died in 74 I think) live recording. It was made on his birthday, recorded by Melodiya. I have an old LP, but I'm sure there is a cd version out there, somewhere...
Gregm...Get the 1954 recording I suggested. The mono is no problem at all because the music is so much a soloist's piece, and the quality of the sound is superb. (This from a multichannel advocate). Somehow they managed to lose all the noise as well.

I have a recording from the time period you mention, an Angel stereo LP, superb, but the earlier performance is better (IMHO).

In addition to the Brahms and Tschaikowsky, the Bach is interesting if only because David's son, Igor, joins him for the double concerto.
Thanks for the recomm, Eldartford. I actually have the older performance & like it a lot!