Norah Jones?

Like probably many other A-Gon members I'm a sucker for great female voices. Of course being recorded well is a priority to feed my audiophile addiction. When I read threads recommending great female voices and recordings I rarely see anyone mentioning Norah Jones. I happen to think her music is excellent and very well recorded. I'm just wondering what the audiophile community thinks of her. With that said please keep the music tips coming. I have picked up alot of great cd's due to suggestions from this forum.
Ag insider logo xs@2xkrelldog
Just got the Peter Malick cd. Only listened to a few cuts, but Norah is lovely. Then again, if I hadn't heard a thing that Norah has done, I'd probably think: "no big deal" It's the comparison to her hit cds that makes the Peter Malick CD interesting and worth the monotonous, boring, ho hum, unmotivating dance music, a listen. Good background music for working around the house, at best....glad I purchased it used....
Gunbei,

I was away for a few days and didn't have a chance to respond.

Perhaps I'm a little over sensitive to the issue of what might be perceived as sexist, put-down comments as I deal with some clients who are at the receiving end of these comments all too often in my job as a psychotherapist. I can see how some might find humor in what you said, but (and this is a big "but") what you might not realize is how some offhanded and "intended to be humorous" comments can be threatening and hurtful to others, especially in a public forum. These type of comments refer to other people a being nothing more than objects and can be perceived as very degrading.

I'm sure that is not what you intended.

My point is that this thread was related to Norah Jones' music and not her ability in bed. The two issues are unrelated. You might try some different humor that does not have a perceived element of "put down".

John
I've only heard/own the CD "Come away with me". My system is towards the warm side and I think that adds some depth to her voice. On my system she sounds top notch. One of my very favorites. Recording quality is way good enough for me. I skip the first cut most times, I have no clue why she didn't come or where the hell she was going in the first place. Maybe her album is just too popular to be accepted by hardcore music people but I guess it's a just a simple pleasure for me.

Thanx,
Russ
Gunbei,

BTW....... I typically enjoy your humorous quips that I've read on various threads.

JOhn