How Big is Your Music Collection

Just wondering, how big is your music collection. This includes CDs, SACDS, DVDs, LPs.
I personally have 1000+ Cds, 0-SACDS, 60 DVD concerts, and 0-LPs. It is interesting to see you input.
nabil98
Jax2: I didn't collect 12,000 LP's because I wanted bragging rights, or because of inadequacy, I did it because it became an addiction, almost like a disease. I guess that music hasn't had that effect on you yet.

Ask around this site or AA; I'll bet you that at least 30 percent will admit that they have to stop by every yard sale, thrift store and record store that they find. How many times do we see posts asking for record store recommendations in various cities? I used to stop by record store in cities when we were on family vacations. I have an understanding Wife ...

I bought primarily jazz LP collections. There were rare records that I really wanted and just kept hoping that the next house visit would turn up a rare Blue Note that I wanted. This said, in those days, it didn't take long to acquire that many records.

In those days it was easy to get a large collection quickly. There were plenty of guys dumping their vinyl for cheap. I was more than happy to help these guys out.

Best,
Jack
One day at a time Jack!

No offense was intended, in case you may have taken it that way. Many of my
closest friends are compulsive. Addictions take many forms. I totally get it!
Been there myself. You should see my Hello Kitty collection!

Marco
Jack, I'm thinking of installing a sign above my front door:

"Public Library"

:-)
Probably 5000 LP's since culling out old junk rock and "non music" audiophile recordings.

6 master dupes, all of which are 10.5 inch reel @15 inch per second and half track. Some amazing music, including Aerosmith "Toys in the Attic," Duke Ellington "Blues in Orbit" and Billy Holiday. Wish I had more of these and working on it.

I have owned and culled through at least 10,000 LP's. During my lifetime I acquired a lot of music that I outgrew or was purchased spur of the moment, only later to realize it did not have staying power. My current LP collection is very important to me with no titles I could give up.

I recently began purchasing prerecorded open reel tape and have about 90, 7.5 inch per second quarter and half track's most of which are Jazz. Only 300 CD's and a hand full of SACD's.