anyone listen to marching bands?

I can't help it, my blood is scarlet and grey. I love to get up in the morning with the music of the Ohio State Marching Band. The all brass monster that stomps accross the ol Horseshoe.
Maybe you had to be there.

Are there any good quality recordings out there?

Go Bucks!
osu_buckeye
Osu_buckeye, no malice intended with my comment. I should've followed it with a "smile".

Here's a CD:Ohio State University Marching Band:On The March, Vol. One .

Volume One! That means there has to be more!

It was all in good fun. No malice on my side either.

There are several CD's that are out there, but most are not quality recordings.

Many are taped from live open air performances.
Thanks for the link.
I have an old record of a fine marching band playing college fight songs, titled "Hail to the Victors", but I guess that wouldn't interest you! UM, class of '72! Go Blue!!
I think an audiophile recording of the OSU band is a tough request, but you may get lucky and find one.

I still think checking out one of the elite DCI drum corps...like the Blue Devils, might pay off sooner. Several of the older, elite corps have pretty substantial recording libraries of their own music in addition to competition recordings. I'd think some of the corps' own recordings might have been done indoors...and perhaps in a studio.

It'd be worth checking out: Concord Blue Devils, Santa Clara Vanguard, The Cadets, The Cavaliers...among others.