Where do you find new music?

I'm not talking about the latest LP from the White Stripes or whoever, where do you get introduced to most of the new music that you end up buying?

Radio, friends homes, AudiogoN or catalogs like Acoustic Sounds or Music Direct are all options. What is your best resource.

P.S. I'm talking about introductions, not where you buy it.
128x128nrchy
I listen to the PBS stations in my area. This gets me lots of good jazz and classical music to pick from. Most of these stations will have playlists with full info on the website, so it's easy to find the artist/title.

Best,

Paul :-)
Music is what it's all about- you're raising an importat question. I believe that there's wonderful payoffs to researching & uncovering great music. It's worth the time.

I check music threads at audiogon, audioasylum.com, audiocircle.com & allaboutjazz.com For world music, rootsworld.com and 6moons.com have excellent reviews.

Also, when I find music I enjoy, I take the extra step of looking on amazon.com to see what other purchases people with similar listening tastes bought or/and recommend. To expand my library, I also look on amazon.com in United Kingdom, as different musicians ("authors" as the Brits call them) are popular on the continent.

allmusic.com also can be a source to locate similar artists, and a way to expand into the background musicians included in the band. Their descriptions often highlight musicians who influenced the sound I'm researching.

Many of these sites have short downloads so you can get the audio flavor of new music. There's a giant smorgasbord out there. So much music, so little time.
Sirius Satellite Radio (Pure Jazz 72) has introduced me to quite a number of contemporary new jazz releases. The most recent acquisition (based upon introduction via Sirius) is *Exploration* - by the Grachan Moncur III Octet - superb cd!!
XM Radio - I keep a notepad in the car, as there is a lot of great music in a wide range of genres

www.cdbaby.com - Great selection, and samples of most artists
I like to check the liner notes of the music that I'm listening to at the time, see who's singing harmony or who is sitting in on the session. Check and see what they've released and buy that. Then start over again!