Best Zappa album

I'm really pretty unfamilar with Zappa's work-I heard a coiple of things a long time ago.
I fancy checking out a few of his releases I know he tackled a wide range of music but I'd be interested to hear what Audiogon members consider the best of his work.
Thanks in advance.
ben_campbell
"have i offended someone ?" is a great compilation disc put out by ryko in 1997. it should lead you to some of his other best stuff. also a great collection is the 12-cd "box" called "you can't say that on stage anymore." if you want a single "original," i'd go for "sheik yerbouti" or "joe's garage" on vinyl.
"Hot Rats" is my favorite, mostly for "Willie The Pimp" -- my favorite Zappa tune ever. Sugarcane Harris' electric violin is sublime. The rest of the album is instrumental, showing Zappa's talent as a composer. Even if the instrumentals don't float your boat this is a must have album for the afrementioned track. Kind of like getting the soundtrack to "Performance" only for "Memo From Turner" (although there are many other tracks I like on this platter). "I'm a little pimp with my hair gassed back, pair of kahki pants and my shoe shine black..." -- can you hear it?
"Hot Rats" is a must.I Love "Bongo Fury" with Beefheart and for great music and laughs "Sheik Yerbouti".