Music for "Tough Times"

When you're feeling lousy, or maybe just had a tough day, what one LP, CD, tape, etc. do you play to make you feel better? In my case it's Cowboy Junkies CD "The Caution Horses". Margo Timmins voice is at once soft and soothing, but also haunting and immediate. This is music that I can get lost in. What music do others use on occasions like this?
garfish
OP-

there are 2 great versions of the song 'Hard Times'.
One version is by Eric Clapton & the other Run D.M.C. both are excellent. Happy listening!
Some really interesting suggestions. I have found so much good music by following up threads in the music section. It does interest me, that an in an "interconnected world"", there is so much North American music, I simply have never heard of, I come from the UK.

My twopenny, sorry 2 cents worth:

Eric Clapton Pilgrim, not a popular album of his but some wonderful, bleak songs on there

Richard Strauss "Metamorphosen", I believe, his response, as a German/Austrian, to discovering the truth about the Concentration camps in 1945. A wonderful sad, all string piece of music
Agree with Beck's Sea Change but so the latest Morning Phase. And almost anything by Brian Jonestown Massacre.