Mcintosh - Love Em' or Hate Em' ......Why?

I have owned new and old Mcintosh and loved my experiences with the product. Right now I have a MC-162 in my system and it sounds great! Very transparent and not too anylitical or fatiguing. It seems that everyone has such strong opinions about different Mcintosh products good and bad. I have had all positive experiences. I would like for people to share their opinions and experiences good and bad.
Ag insider logo xs@2xsquiddy
if its made by mcintosh chances are that ive owned it at some point & my current rig is all mac.

ive tried a ton of gear & in all cases i prefered the "mcintosh sound" over other gear ive ran with the exception of some krell class a amps i tried but in the end the horrible looks of the krell's brought me back to mac.

you asked why? here's my reasons.

1 it sounds fantastic.

2 extremly dependable.

3 built to last 10 life times.

4 unbeatable factory service.

5 best lookin gear on the planet.

6 mac's resale value holds like no other gear.

7 lotsa saftey features built into the gear to prevent accidental burn out.

8 not a snowballs chance in hell of the company going under like so many others & leaving me holding a bunch of unservicable gear.

im not a "purist" when it comes to hifi & alot of the reasons some people snub their noses at mac gear are the exact same reasons that keep me buying mac like autoformers & powergaurd.

i couldnt imagine spending this much cash on gear that offered no protection from somthing as simple as a crossed wire or overheating all for the sake of keeping the signal path pure & short.

i trade alot of gear so i will always try new & different gear but mcintosh gear will always be in my home.

mike.
FYI,
I have stuck with McIntosh over the years because of their
integrity. They do their homework, they treat their customers
well, they stand behind their product, even really old items.
Moreover, if autotransformers did not improve or enable their
amplifiers to sound good, McIntosh would drop them instantly.
They are not in the "iron and steel" business, as some sales
reps like to say disparagingly. I have found that Mac amps
can drive a wider range of speakers than most amplifiers and
can hold up when interfaced with difficult loads. There are
other good amps on the market, but overall, Mac is a
unique and reliable and excellent sounding product.,,,C. Miller
mint must be an idiot to buy something he hates so much 12 times, or just bitter about something, I am sure tht it is one of the 2
I kept buying tube Mac to find out what all the big "stink" from tube freaks about these sounding fantastic. It actually took 12 Mac tube items to find out the truth,it wqs ALL terrable. ALL Mac is owned by nearly deaf morons like Chaldnliz, every long term user of Mac tube gear that I have met wears hearing aids. Chaldniz SYSTEM (click it on) must be the worst sounding in the world, only an idiot would spend hard earned money the brands he listens to, he must have believed all the idiots that sold him his crud.
atleast it didnt take me 12 times to like my sound, wear a helmet and try not to lick the windows on the short bus