How much does your system retail for?

$23,000 - $24,000 I estimate. (Two channel, this does not include TV, VCR, etc.)

Please, keep the exagerations to a minumum, do not count CD's, equipment you have bought and sold, is packed away that you don't use anymore, etc..

Put the total first so it shows up at the begining of your post.

This is just for fun and curiosity of the diversity on here, don't take it to seriously. Simply evaluate what the retail value of your system is.
brianmgrarcom
1K,2K,5K $7,750 or $100,000 makes no difference,
as long as it makes you happy.
It is not a rat race, just a bunch of people with one goal -
music enjoyment..........

I hope....

M.S
I have speakers that retailed for GBP3,000, CD DVD player US$5,500, CD player $2000, pre power amp $1300.00, plus cables worth over $2000. The funny thing is that the speakers cost me $350, cd/dvd $175 and cd player $400.00, and the Jungson pre power combination outperforms items 3 or 4 times as dear. Lesson learned watch the ebay sites for bargains and go for what sounds the best. The only drawback is that your system would not be as new and items are not picked on only their merit within the system, but on bargains to be had. Saying that I listened to some modern expensive speakers that don't come up to mine, and I would have to fork out an extra $5000 to take a step back. The way they made stuff in the early eighties would take a lot of money to equal now, so you are gaining sonically by getting some good old gear
About $15,000.00 retail Gentlemen, When your wives do find out about your little habit you will need to call me immediately to help save your marriage! I own a jewelry store and can help get you out of trouble in no time! Albert, we should start with you!
Good idea Irishwolf, but I'm not in trouble. I only paid $1724.00 for my entire system........just ask my wife.
I offer $1800 for your system Albert....thats PURE profit and I will be waiting for your reply! :)