Cars R OK, but what kind of motorcycle do you have

The thread about what AudiogoNers drive is fun to see, but I was wondering what kind of motorcycles are represented by the crazy people here? I know this has been discussed a little on other threads, but If we can slip this by the censors, it might be fun.

I have a Victory V92C. It's a few years old now, but it still a fun cruiser!

What about you?
128x128nrchy
Hey Tom, nice to hear from you.

You have an affection for 2-strokes too? I got to prep TZ's for a couple of years in AMA and the early Formula USA series. I had never even ridden a 2-stroke before that. Simply amazing performance and straight forward technology. I have been a 2-stroke admirer ever since.

CBR900, what a great bike. Hard to keep the front wheel on the ground though.

The entire VFR series were some of the nicest handling bikes of their time.

RZ350, stock RZ's wobbling across racetracks all over the US and Canada. Those things were dangerous in stock form. Almost got killed by an RZ wobbling uncontrollably across my line out of the last turn at Savannah.

That Ducati is going to put a crimp in your music budget.

Think Nicky can repeat?

Jim S.
Jim,

You are right about the RZ wobbling. I didn't really notice it until I went back to it after wadding my VFR down in the KY twisties. I had kept the RZ and started riding it again after totaling the VFR. I couldn't believe how bad it handled after riding a more modern machine. I promptly sold it and bought my buddy's 900RR.

I don't know about Nicky repeating. There are several other good contenders and it's very hard to stay on top.

Your right about the Duc. It's a bit expensive and a bit fast for my current taste. But it is absolutely beautiful. Honestly, I think the Honda GB500 is the ticket for me. Looks cool, can be tricked to look nearly identical to a 1965 racer, it's relatively slow, sounds cool, blah, blah.

I must be getting old!

Enjoy,

TIC
Tom,

It took me a little while to find the time to look up what a GB500 is. I don't know a lot about singles, but it does look cool. Some of the nicest customs I've seen have been based on singles. There is something about the simplicity and functionality that strikes a resonant chord!

Hope you find one if you decide to go for it!

Jim S.
For Jim or anyone interested in seeing a Honda GB500, here's a link to an ad for one. It is a good photo of a stock bike. Click on the photo to enlarge.

http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/3/1/87117331.htm

The bummer is that I could have bought a brand new one in the early '90s for about $2500-2800. They didn't sell worth crap at the time of their procuction run and dealers were nearly giving them away. Oh well, I guess I'll get to fuel the economy a bit by paying double when I'm ready for one.....

Enjoy,

TIC
I am riding a Yamaha FJ 1100, the last of the great air cooled bikes. But now it is 1400 cc's, flat slide Keihn carbs, Carillo rods, titanium valves, Perf. machine brakes/floating rotors, puffed out swing arm, gumball 17" tires f/r, 4 into 2 exhaust, stock cam timing, rebuilt trans. with stock gearing--and there is not a bike made that can touch it in a top gear roll on.