Best Computer Speakers

I spend a lot of time at my computer for business purposes. I've started researching economical but satisfying speakers for my desktop through which I can enjoy streaming music. I've got Amarra sQ and HiFi. I'm thinking perhaps a pair of good powered speakers might be a perfectly good way to go.

I have read a little about Audioengine A2+ speakers. They look quite promising and may be perfect for my needs. Strictly nearfield listening.

Your thoughts and suggestions are most welcome.

Thank you.
ps
The Audioengine +2 has a built-in DAC and amplifier. I am not familiar with other powered computer speakers.

The Audioengine +2 left speaker has the power supply. This plugs into AC using an adapter which comes with the speakers.

Connecting the USB cord which is packaged with the speakers, from your computer to the left speaker, enables the music to run through the +2's built-in DAC.
"04-08-15: Branislav
Im always confused about what speakers are not only powered but have dacs in them. How do I know out of all these computer speakers which one have to be fed digital or only analog signal?"

I don't think I've ever seen anyone ask this question before. Here's what to look for.

The speakers will have a digital input.
Update:
The Audioengine +2's now have about 30 hours of break-in, playing everything from quiet single instrument acoustic, to heavy beat electronic material. The additional break in time made a significant improvement over "out of the box" sound. They flank a 30" monitor which makes for very near field listening. On a whim, and using the A2+ dedicated stands, I placed them on two foam yoga blocks. This improved soundstage and overall sound.

I am very happy with these speakers. Smooth, detailed, and to my ears, "neutral." Not at all harsh. My listening is through Spotify and Amarra SQ. At this point I don't feel the need for a subwoofer, but that could change. (hey, it's a hobby after all) :)

Next experiment will be to try an outboard DAC when budget permits.
I have used memory foam remnant blocks to dampen my preamp stand. The store sold furniture cloth, coverings and repair materials.