Know of a book on audio basics?

Wondering if anyone can reccomen a good reffernce book on audio basics verything from from how ac currne tcomes out of the wall to equipmwnt and room acoustics.Know somehwere I have the Hartely book wondering if there are any others somebody might reccomend.Years ago I had a softbound text bood written durring durring the pre-digital era by a physics prfessor who used hifidelity equipment to teach the prinicples of physics to his class using hifi equipment as a guide for the an intro Physics `101 .It was great as it taught you how equipent worked and how to keep it up.Any suggestions?
chazzbo
I have the Master Handbook of Acoustics and while it is very good it is extremley complex. I would highly reccomend The Complete Guide to High End Audio.
Marco - I laughed so hard when I saw your recommendations - so true.. I think I need help.
just ordered the Karl Haas book, from Amazon.com. Funny though. Cost $3.75 used and $3.50 to ship. Go figure. Sounds like a good read. Read Harley's book cover to cover. What audiophool hasn't. That was a good audio read. peace, warren
Glad my contributions were appreciated by those seasoned hams among
us. But what about those who haven't had the benefit of such sage
guidance, or just haven't had the strength to act on it? Here's a few
suggestions for those who've gone past the point of no return:

Credit After Bankruptcy: A Step-By-Step Action Plan to Quick and
Lasting Recovery after Personal Bankruptcy
by Stephen Snyder

Families in Perpetual Crisis
by Richard Kagan, Shirley Schlosberg

Surviving Separation and Divorce
by Loriann Hoff Oberlin

Marco