6SN7 suffixes

I'm using 6SN7's in my Atma-sphere equipment. I was curios about the multitude of letter suffixes that follow the 6SN7 tube type.
fatparrot
Gunbei, I was more interested in the designation of GT, GTA, GTB, W, and VT-231, and what they actually mean. I am pretty happy with the voicing of the Sylvania VT-231's in my system.

What have been your experiences rolling the various 6SN7's? Why does everyone seem to rave about the Sylvania metal bases or the Sylvania "chrome domes"?
I really like the Sylvania VT-231s as well. I don't know anything about the differences between the metal base or chrome dome versions though.

One tube I've really enjoyed the last few years is the black glass Ken-Rad VT-231. Many of the same attributes as the Sylvania, big soundstage and great extension, but the Ken-Rad sounds more organic to me and that was something I was looking for in my system.

Thanks for the pointer Nutella!
Check out www.tubeseller.com. Everything you need to know about 6SN7 tubes is there. Brimar CV1988 tubes are especially nice, and one of my faves.
More to discover