Tuner Questions

What a bummer about the crash, I was enjoying the thread about tuners, as I am about to purchase one. Could the person that started it repost their question? Also, those that had responeded, could you respond again?
brianmgrarcom
I'm also interested in purchasing a tuner and glad this thread is back. I don't have a lot of knowledge about them. I was considering the Magnum Dynalab Etude or 102, but now I'm not sure after the comments about some of these other tuners. I didn't see mention of these before. How do they compare? I would also be interested in antenna opinions.
Keiman421, it sounds like we are/were looking at the same tuners. I have read many good things about the Magnum Dynalab tuners. The Etude has a great reputation and has been around for years. I have read a Stereophile report on the Fanfare FT-1, they said it is very comparable to the Etude is sonics, yet it has some feature advantages and they are the same price. I have never seen either one in person, from pictures, I love the look of the MD. But I have to agree with some of the points in the Stereophile article, therefore, the plan is to order the Fanfare FT-1a tomorrow. As for antenna's, I bought the Fanfare FM-2G, Magnaum Dynalab has the same basic antenna, the ST-2 for about $85.
i've heard the magnum ft101a, & it's excellent, tho i wouldn't trade my onix bwd1 w/soap power supply for one! also, tandberg & revox make excellent-sounding tuners for not-too-much-money, if ya want to buy used. as far as new tuners go, the magnums are the only ones i've actually had experience with - only second-hand info about the rest. but, as far as antennae, get an outdoor antenna by antenna performance specialties - a *world* of difference for *any* tuner!!!! http://www.antennaperformance.com/