Favorite nos tube?

With the recent best of threads I decided to do one on tubes. I know there's alot of us out there so let's here from ya. Strangly I replaced my Amprex Bugle Boy 6dj8 for the Sovtek 6922 reflectors. The sovtek just seemed to sound a lot crisper and detailed to me. I have not tried any other nos tubes so your input will help me and others who will be tube rolling in the future.
south43
Flash! Just got in some Jan-phillips 6922 and will use them in my pre(Anthem pre2L). The unit comes stock with sovteks. I will keep you informed as to the sound.Hotcorocket I am not familiar with the techtronix tubes-sorry. Keep rolling those tubes!
South: I plan on ordering a new production Tesla 6922 that has had mixed reviews at AA. How a tube sounds does depend on the amps design (including the other tubes) and the system itself, not to mention indiviudal taste. I would guess however that there are some "universal" duds out there. I also lucked out on Ebay the other day and picked up a 6922 branded as GE that is either a Siemens or a Telefunken. Can't wait to give it a try. I am fortunate in that the Audion only requires one 6922 as singles are easier to pick up. You may want to search the Audio Asylum forums and see if you can find any feedback on tube rolling in your Anthem.
Yes Dekay you are lucky to have only one 6922 to deal with. I also am bidding on some Telsa EL34's for my Anthem amp through ebay. Also got lucky with a 12ax7 from Sveltana that I am waiting for that will go in the amp.
Dekay; are you comparing Sovtek 6922 pre-amp tubes to 300B amp tubes? I have an SF Line 2 pre-amp, and I like the stock 6922 Sovteks-- very neutral and detailed; some say sterile and boring. But just yesterday I put in a set of Valvo 6DJ8's (at twice the price of Sovteks) and am already noticing a slightly more "tubey" sound, which in this case could be good. The Valvos are smoother, warmer, more detailed, and a bit more prominent in mids and low treble in this pre-amp. These changes are subtle, but I'm starting to think pretty worthwhile-- too soon to tell for sure. FWIW, in their new Special Edition pre-amps, SF is using the Valvos. Cheers. Craig
RCprince, its Teles for the Jadis front end, exactly for the reasons you propose. Would love to try the Bugle Boys but have not found a source for them so far.