Do true audiophiles own Mcintosh gear

It seems like all the high-end dealers I have bought from or talked to think that Mcintosh is living on it's past reputation. The 2 stores that carry it locally are more mid-fi stores than high-end. I have a friend that swears by it but he hasn't listened to his Mcintosh in over 2 years. What do you think?
taters
Marc Maron's character on his eponymous TV show has a full setup of Mac stuff.
"Marc Maron's character on his eponymous TV show has a full setup of Mac stuff."

If you listen to his podcast, he has mentioned that he has a Rogue tube amp and Sonus Faber speakers (in real life). I can't remember if he has said what kind of turntable he has.
On further investigation, Maron has a Rogue Cronus Magnum amp and S-F Toy floor standers, a Sony TT with a pearl cartridge.
Yes, because it is cool and fun to own, built extremely well, and has its own unique in-house sound, makes it a worth while investment. We all have different tastes both in music and gear so one can't expect everyone to jump on the "I love Mcintosh" bandwagon. Ask about other brands of gear and you will get the same mixed opinions as well. I can tell you some of the new Mcintosh sounds excellent.