Feelings on Napster?

Hi, Since this is in part a forum about music, I'll put this statement and question on the table. In the past few months, I've begun to use Napster online. I'll look through the forum for reccomendations on good albums and tracks, then I'll download it on Napster, take a listen and, if I like it, purchase the album. My opinion is that Napster is really opening up accessibility to music for alot of people, allowing them to try new things that before they wouldn't have access to or simply wouldn't be prepared to invest in. It's helped expand my own horizons I know and I think it's good for music overall. Any opinions?
issabre
I very much regret that I'm not as evolved as you. I would also like to apologize on behalf of all the USA, for not being the greatest country in the world. In addition to this, I would like you to consider seeking some sort of help for this depression of yours, before you join others who might have similar thoughts.
Issabre, your second post from the top says that you consider yourself to be an artist. You also have lived in Africa and seem fairly educated. If I were playing Sherlock Holmes, I would deduce that you come from a wealthy family and have a MAJOR chip on your shoulder because you had it better than most. My advice would be to either feed this need(chip) and give up all of your worldly posessions. Don't do it all at once however, as you will be able to gain valuable insight into what it feels like to "have it all", then "nothing", and what it feels like to be at all levels in between. You then could write a book about each of those perspectives from a humanistic standpoint, of course. In the end though, no one would buy your book and you'd be broke and cursing Capitalism in addition to all the damned, wayward souls that occupy the USA. You would then realize that nobody bought the book because it was "a downer" and people were actually happy with their lives! You'd further realize that you were WRONG about all of your assumptions in the past! Unfortunatley, you'd still be broke but you could take heart as you experience firsthand the generousity of our society and people who live here. You would not starve and you would not die just for having differing ideas than the people who live around you (like some of those communist places you admire). NOW, get that chip off your shoulder, stick to the thread and discuss some AUDIO related topics. And if you do get rid of some worldly goods - start with your computer - then you wouldn't have to worry about Napster and we wouldn't have to read your rantings!!!
Treyhoss, first of all, If you were playing Sherlock Holmes you would have traced the past 54 posts back to the first one and discovered (brilliantly) who is the moderator of this thread. And because I posted the original statement, I can lead the discussion in any direction I please. Secondly, if you were a handy Sherlock Holmes you would have taken time to read all the subsequent posts, and noticed a couple of things...JK means Just Kidding, which would indicate a friendly jest on my part to get the juices flowing. It worked sure enough, however, everyone here is so busy being offended to the core they couldn't possibly pick up the elements of humor in my posts, say nothing about present a calm reponse. Thirdly, having read all the subsequent post you would have been able traced the line of thought to the present topic so you don't appear like a mental troll. But you might consider retiring your badge altogther Sherlock, because every single one of your assumptions was wrong. DEAD WRONG. PARTICULARLY THE ONE ABOUT NO ONE READING MY WRITING BECAUSE YOU DID. Let me give you a clue, when you have no concrete evidence to go on don't make accusations. I won't spend any more time boring you with the details of how wrong you are because your present post makes clear your inability to reflect on anything outside your own realm of experience. While I'm schooling you, I'll tell you another thing. This is a discussion forum. Discussion usually involves several points of view. If you can handle different perspective and stand upright (the callouses on your knuckles will soon disappera) and discuss things rationally. If you can't handle points of view different than your own, than join the church of Eber in another thread. I had previously thought this to be a discussion forum full of intelligent gentlemen willing to sanely discuss differing points of view. But all this whining and blithering and "go away, dummy" has changed my opinion altogether. You all are behaving like a pack of skittish poodles.
While you may have posted this topic, you do not own it or control it. I last looked at this post when it was about the topic you were presenting for discussion. I read everyone's comments and found them to be interesting. I even threw in my 2c at the time! I checked back a few days later and started reading things like this: "Basically, this combination has resulted in a nation of extreme wealth, little collective conciousness or conscience (america consumes far far more than its porportional share of resources), (in my opinion)a largely miserable society (as evidence in our incredibly high crime rates, suicide rates, incidence of psychological disturbance..etc." Maybe I haven't been caught up in the day-to-day progress of this thread (I am trying to be happy in my work). As I don't know you, my responses intent was to present irony - not a personal attack (did you not find irony in the writing?). If your intent was to get "the juices flowing" by espousing points of view that could be VASTLY different from someone elses - why wouldn't you expect someone to take your bait? Perhaps I did get carried away at the end and I will apologize for that - as soon as I can get upright and pomice the calouses off my knuckles. Thank you for "schooling me" and I apologize for missing all of your jokes in your earlier statements. They must have been riding on an 80kHz wave and went right over my head.