Experience with Sistrum or Grand Prix Monaco rack?

If anyone has tried either the Sistrum or Grand Prix Monaco racks and would be willing to share their experiences (particularly in comparison to others they used) I would greatly appreciate it. If you use the Monaco, have you used it with the Apex at all?

I am looking into a new rack system and, although I am willing to to $2,000-$3,000 retail for a 3 shelf rack and two amp stands), I want to get the best bang for my dollar and these looked promising.

Any other suggestions appreciated!

(PS - will hold an Audio Aero Capitole MK-II, Manley Steelhead and either Lamm amps or Tenors)

Thanks

Frank
fmpnd
Frank,
FWIW I'll offer these comments, since you've asked for comparative experience. I own Zoethecus and have been looking at/trying Grand Prix. My system is entirely different from yours, fast SS and a little analytic. I also have raised hardwood flooring with area rugs (racks are on the hardwood flooring). The Zoethecus racks give a degree of bloom and color to the sound. You can read bloom as smear if you like, but that's a relative judgement, since the system has good prat though I have heard it bettered somewhat (on prat) with Neuance. Grand Prix gives a very tight, coherent sound with no added bloom, several degrees more coherent than Zoethecus. With a fast SS system that can track the coherency, the differences in the two racks are quite pronounced. Also, the Grand Prix is not made of maple so it lacks the maple warmth that comes with Zoeth. My main concern with Grand Prix is simply to make sure that the high degree of coherency does not create a sound which seems thinner and less musical to you; but I doubt that it will do that in a tubed system, and I don't have enough experience with it yet to determine that it does this with SS.
BTW, since you're going to CES, you might ask the Grand Prix reps about the issue of weight distribution on the triangular shelves. I seriously doubt that they haven't given it thought, and the shelves are matched in thickness to the component weight anyway.
I purchased the Grand Prix Monaco amp stand shortly after CES. I have a 105 lb. Edge amp sitting on a concrete tile floor. This stand was recommended to me by a fellow 'Goner who had previously been using the Zoethecus amp stands for his tube monos. He told me he was blown away by the vast improvement. His description was similar to what Flex has said. I was previously using an amp stand whose purpose was strictly aesthetic so I was thrilled with the sonic improvements when putting the Monaco in place. However, this week, I purchased the Apex footers for the Monaco. In doing so, I feel like I replaced a component in my system! Everything is more life-like, clean and rich sounding. I can hear detail I did not hear prior to installing the Apex. I strongly suggest that anyone considering the Grand Prix stands should definitely purchase the Apex along with it. What Alvin has been able to accomplish is truly amazing! I am in awe!
I purchased a Sistrum SP-4 (4 shelf) rack for my system and I was completely blown away that a component rack can make that much of a difference! I owned another inexpensive rack before the Sistrum and I seriously considered selling all of my equipment because I was so unhappy with its sound. I tried different cables, power products, etc. and although the differences were apparent, they just didn't have the "Wow" factor. The Sistrum gave my system a true wake-up call. First, the height of my stereo image increased dramatically. Second, the treble and upper midrange seemed so much more clearer and articulate without the edge. And finally, the bass and power of the system has so much more energy. I highly recommend that you at least call them and describe your system to them. They are all very knowledgeable and really cared about me.

Their web address is www.audiopoints.com
I would highly recommend the Grand Prix Products. I have a Krell System, KCT - KPS-28c - FPB-200c, with Totem Acoustic Mani-2's & PS Audio Powerplant with Ultimate Lab Cables. I started with the Monaco Equipment Stand, later added the amp stand and finally the Apex. Each stage added improvement; none of which were suttle. I would also reccomend the F-1 shelves over the acrylic. As a favor to Alvin I did some major comparisons with regard to Black Diamond Racing Shelves, Footers, Cones etc. I've sold them all. Grand Prix Audio took my system to a whole different level.
In no way should one compare a multitude of dissimilar devices on a rack that was mistakenly designed on the premise that it could isolate.