what really happened to j. skul

why did j skul get fired from stereophile?
capeguy
I don't know whether he got fired or not, but he's working for Monster Cable.
J-10 was simply caught in the middle of budget cuts. The owners of Stereophile wanted to reduce overhead and reducing the quantity of staff writers was an instant way to achieve that goal.

With that in mind, others might say "phooey" to that as Stereophile hired Art Dudley ( formerly of Listener ) shortly after that. While i can understand that point of view, i think that picking up Art was a very wise business move on their part. Not only were subscribers to Listener looking for a new home to reside in, this also opened up the doors to a wider variety of advertisers to Stereophile since Art tends to focus on slightly different types of gear than that found in Stereophile. When you are in the magazine business and you can pick up subscribers and advertisers in one fell swoop, you don't think twice to shake hands and sign the check.

Jonathan realized all of the above and stated that he understood that it was a business move on the part of Stereophile and nothing personal. He also said that he's very happy working for Monster Cable and making more money than he ever did before. As such, i think it turned out pretty good for all involved. Sean
>
Skull was a complete paradox for me: of all the SP writers
I valued his opinion on gear and music the least, yet always
found myself turning to his reviews and Fine Tunes first. Go
figure.
As I recall J-10 reported from New York and then Stereophile moved from Sante Fe to New York. This put its British editor that much closer to home and made J-10 redundant.
with all respesct sean, your response is a longer version of stereophiles explanation.iwas hoping to hear from someone who had real inside information,barring that, i guess the opinion of rockvirgo is closer to the truth.