What is Paypal charging you?

Paypal is presently charging me a 4.05% fee on transactions, up from 3.95% just yesterday. They keep bumping their percentage fee up on me - it started out at 2.9%.

Unfortunately, the fine print gives them the right to charge whatever they want, so my only recourse is to stop using them.

Just curious - what are the rest of ya'll getting charged?
audiokinesis
They suck, dont' use them. It's not a matter of if you will get shafted by them (paypal), but a matter of when.

Speaking from experience, to the tune of $500+
-Ed
I'm a Paypal Verified Premier member for years and get charged for every Transaction.Over a hundred in the last few weeks.Also,I can't tell where the funds come from when paid.[Bank or CC].I prefer money orders[Saves me $$'s] but 99% of my customers use Paypal.JD
Sc53,

Log on to your account, then click on,"help" @ the top right corner.

Then,
Under catagories click on, "Getting started",
Then,
Click on, Premeir & Business,
Then,
Scroll down the column of questions in the right hand column untill you see,"Can I downgrade my account?" it's
near the bottom of the list of questions.

And then just follow the instructions on the right hand side of the page.

P.S. With the personel account,(basic), you are limited to
Transactions of $1,000. or less. So with sales above that you, or your buyer's, will have to divide the $ into two or more payments depending on the amount.
Charlie gives a good answer to the downgrade question.
I would add that you can downgrade ONLY ONCE... ever!
I upgraded (not thinking!) to accept a CC transaction. Then realized all my things would be charged a fee. No- WAY!!!
But when you downgrade, they WARN you that you can only downgrade once... So afterwards you have to be careful to never accept an upgrade!!!! They do sneak them in... to entice folks into upgrading... DON'T DO IT!!!
The limits for casual PayPal users are no big deal.
Cannot withdraw more than $500 a month cash. (If you respend the money in PayPal no limit)
No credit card payments accepted... and you can be a happy free PayPal user.
I love PayPal! Compared to getting a money order and mailing it, forget that!! Once in awhile I buy something taht needs a check or money order, but I try not to bid too often on none PayPal auctions.
Sellers who do not use PayPal are really LOOSING money from discouraged competitive bidders, who will only bid on PayPal auctions. (And Western Union sucks from a buyers point of wiew) (I never used Bidpay, so I don't know about that service)
eBay was founded to cater to the casual buyer and seller, PayPal fits right in!! They do NOT charge casual users, only pros.
Could you maintain two accounts, one for free transactions and the other for when credit cards or higher limits are involved?